Outstanding Service Awards
NIRS has awarded the Outstanding Service Award to the following recipients for their many years of service and continued dedication to our Society. To read the Outstanding Service Award Citation for each recipient, click on their name.
NIRS Outstanding Service Awardees
- Don Law – June 2010
- Dave and Marleen Crucq – June 2010
- Pauline and Dick Bonney – September 2010
- Noni and Dave Godfrey – June 2013
- Diana Scott – June 2014
- Paul Wurz – June 2015
The Outstanding Service Award recognizes members who have served the Chapter as a member of the Executive, as a Committee Chair, or in a leadership capacity for 10 years or more. These members have contributed significant time and effort on behalf of the club and made contributions beyond the parameters of their titles. In most cases, recipients have previously been awarded the ARS Bronze Medal.
The criteria are as follows:
- Long service – for 10 years or more and has previously received a ‘Bronze’ medal
- Service – being on the Executive, one of the Committee Chairs (e.g., someone who takes on organizing the Rhodo Sales or Garden Tours, or some other member project, but isn’t necessarily on the Exec that year), or takes on a leadership role
- Significant time and effort beyond the parameters of their title – they helped on lots of things, didn’t only do the job as titled (e.g., Treasurer, but sits at garden tours, takes on little projects, frequently works at the CVR Garden, etc.)
Recipients are acknowledged at a member function (meeting/party/event) and presented with a card highlighting their contributions along with an engraved rock for their garden. The rock is engraved with:
- North Island Rhododendron Society
- Outstanding Service Award
- Name of recipient
- Date Awarded
NOTE: In 2013 Dave and Noni Godfrey were presented with a card and the Rhododendron Coin (one-time opportunity – availability of the coin) instead of an engraved rock.
Return to NIRS Home Page