Membership in NIRS
Regular Annual Membership (which includes couples) is currently $35 CDN and an Associate Membership is only $10 CDN. Associate members must be a regular member of another ARS (American Rhododendron Society) chapter.
Student Annual Membership is $10 CDN. The student membership gives a student all regular membership benefits except a printed copy of the ARS Journal. Student Members are able to access the ARS Journal online.
Memberships are renewed for the following calendar year at the September, October and November monthly meetings.
Application forms are available from our Membership Chair and are accepted at our monthly meetings. You may download an application form – pdf format.
NIRS MEMBER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- 4 Journals a year (available to ARS members only)
- Meetings at Comox United Church Hall with plant sales and illustrated lectures featuring notable speakers
- Tours of members’ gardens and our annual June picnic
- Contact and fellowship with other rhododendron and companion plant admirers
- Discounts at select nurseries and garden businesses
- Preferred prices from member-growers (Propagation Group)
- Free admission to the Rhododendron Species Foundation Garden in Federal Way, Washington
- Use of our NIRS library (books and magazines may be signed out on loan for one month)
The ARS Journal is a quarterly publication filled with engaging articles dealing with a wide range of topics including rhododendron culture, propagation techniques, hybridization results, public and private gardens, plant portraits, companion plants, plant hunting explorations, rhododendron scientific research, Society news and events, and much more.
The Electronic Edition of the ARS Journals (Fall 2012 – 2016) are available at the Office of the American Rhododendron Society website (login required)
The ARS Quarterly Bulletins (1947 – 1982) and the ARS Journals (1983 – 2003) are available free of charge at the Virginia Tech University Digital Library.